God bless you, last week I didn’t write to you cause I was in a deal with God where He was sharing His heart with me and I didn’t want to write to you until I got everything I need to write you about. I will jump right to it. I have to give you the heads up that it may probably get ugly but in obedience towards God I will write it anyways. Main scripture Psalms 84 (I will quote some other Psalms scriptures)
Here is the deal; Church is not a trend. It is not all about getting dressed, having your hair done so you can come to a fashion show to see who is better clothed or what car one is driving in. Church is about surrendering our ego and will and submitting to the plan and purpose of God!!
Church isn’t an convention centre where big events take place. There is no time to think whether you feel like coming to church or not. You need and want to be in church, beside needing to be there you need and want to be involved in God’s business. Not only you come because you need something from but you come cause you are in need of God. You realise that without Him you wouldn’t made it this far. If it was not been for God where would you be today. Serving God isn’t a burden it’s not a obligation you have the free will to choose to serve Him, You serve God cause you want it and is your deepest desire that He get all the glory and honour that belongs to Him.
Church isn’t a theatre where you come and you need to be still cause the show is running. It is a place where you come to give God praise and glory for all that He has done. Sunday is all about God and giving Him the glory. You have the whole week to ask for things, Sunday is a day of thanksgiving and to give back unto Him. He says come into my courts with thanksgiving in your heart. If you don’t want to praise, He don’t need you, He can make the stones to so. But He says let everything that has breath praise the Lord Psalms 150:6. So when you come to church nobody needs to say to praise Him. There needs to be rivers of living water that will flow from within you, cause you believe in Him. Nobody needs to tell you clap your hands and give Him a shout of praise, isn’t that why you came to give Him all that He deserves.
It is so that if you need prayer the elders will pray for you but when it is prayer time in the sanctuary it cannot be so that you are to weary that you can’t uplift a prayer. The bible says pray without ceasing. Don’t get tired of praying. Your problems are not bigger than God. Every tongue needs to confess that He is God and every knee shall bow before Him. You see when you confess God out loud, you are letting the devil and your situation know that what seems impossible for you is possible for God. You are letting the devil and your situation know, that If God is on your side no one can stop you of glorifying and praising His name. There is no other name than the Name of Jesus. Stop looking around and wasting time and start proclaiming things over you life, your family, your church…
Start thanking God for His grace, mercy His everlasting love, for the blessings that he gave unto you. Pray for the needy, bless one and other. Let everything you do it’s out of love. Cause you can do good but if the love of and for God don’t habit in you it’s in vain.
Church is not a playing ground. When it comes to God and His business things are serious we need to help build the Kingdom, make leaders, winning souls. It can’t be so that we come in and out the church and still be acting as babies. We need to grow spiritually and be mature in the things of God. We cannot keep doing the same stuff we used to do. You need to be the light and salt of the earth. Make a difference. Start at home.
If you take the first verse; “How lovely is your dwelling place, Lord Almighty!” David wasn’t burdened at all to be in the house of the Lord. He loved to be there, He wanted to be there. He said; “How lovely..” can you say it is lovely to be in the house of the Lord. Or are you so consumed by your own agenda that if it not fit you will skip a sunday?
2 “My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.” This is a deep longing for God. He is thirsty for more of God. He is in need of God. He is not the because he needs something of God, but because he is in need of the living God.
3 “Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young— a place near your altar, Lord Almighty, my King and my God.” You see if God can take care of the birds, how much more can He do for you, aren’t you more important?
4 “Blessed are those who dwell in your house; they are ever praising you.” You are blessed when you seek God, You are blessed when you praise Him for ever. Proclaiming that He is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. The everlasting God, the Creator of heaven and earth and all that is within.
5 “Blessed are those whose strength is in you, whose hearts are set on pilgrimage.” You are blessed when you recognise that is not you but God through you. His strength has kept you this far and is keeping you going. You are blessed when you keep His word in your heart. Whatever you obstacle, situation, period you may find yourself in, His strength and word is keeping you on the move.
6. “As they pass through the Valley of Baka, they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools.” Listen problems doesn’t last for ever. Those who sow with tears will reap with joy. For joy comes in the morning. (Valley of Baka means valley of tears)
7. “They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.” While you keep moving forward on the path God has put you on, battling whatever life throws at you, you will see His mighty hands that moves you from strength to strength. It is His power that you kept for His glory.
8. “Hear my prayer, Lord God Almighty; listen to me, God of Jacob.” And when you pray He will listen cause you are following His directions. Do not harden your heart when the word of the Lord comes to you. Cause it is out of love that He rebukes you.
9. “Look on our shield,[e] O God; look with favor on your anointed one.” God’s shield you, He protects you and you will find favor in His sight just as David. You are anointed by Him. He has anointed you and your cup will fill and run over. There is an overflow in the Spirit.
10. “Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere;
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.” It is better to be all the days of your life in the house of the Lord than to be with foolish people who mocker God. David would rather be a doorkeeper than to be elsewhere. The house of the Lord where His presence and power habits.
11. “For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless.” God is your shield, He is your glory and he will not withhold good things from those who walk in integrity.
12. “Lord Almighty, blessed is the one who trusts in you.” If you only trust that God is for you and nobody can be against you, you will be blessed. (Psalms 40:4, Jeremiah 17:7-8, Psalms 5:11-12, Psalms 125:1-2)
I know todays writing was long but it is what the Lord has pressed on my heart. My prayer is that it will fall into good grounds and may find roots and grow in you. Be blessed.